Google Analytics is a service offered by Google that generates detailed statistics about a website's traffic and traffic sources and measures conversions and sales. It's the most widely used website statistics service.
It generates detailed statistics about a website's traffic and traffic sources and measures conversions and sales. It's the most widely used website statistics service
Google AdWords is an online advertising service that places advertising copy above, below, or beside the list of search results Google displays for a particular search query, or it displays it on their partner websites. The choice and placement of the ads is based in part on a proprietary determination of the relevance of the search query to the advertising copy.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
• Integrated with Ad Words, users can now review online campaigns by tracking landing page quality and conversions (goals). Goals might include sales, lead generation, viewing a specific page, or downloading a particular file.
• Google Analytics' approach is to show high-level, dashboard-type data for the casual user, and more in-depth data further into the report set. Google Analytics analysis can identify poorly performing pages with techniques such as funnel visualization, where visitors came from (referrers), how long they stayed and their geographical position. It also provides more advanced features, including custom visitor segmentation.
• Google Analytics e-commerce reporting can track sales activity and performance. The e-commerce reports shows a site's transactions, revenue, and many other commerce-related metrics.
SIGN UP PROCESS FOR GOOGLE ANALYTICS AND ADWORDS
1. Go to https://adwords.google.com/um/StartNewLogin. Login with Google Email ID and Password. If you want you can create a new login ID and password specifically for Adwords. When you log in , you will see the below page
2. In order to retrieve Google Analytics Profile ID which is a required field while integrating this app with your store. Go to tools and then conversions.
3. You will see the below page. See for reference
4. Click on red Conversion (add ) button to add a new conversion.
• Conversion name: Here we have given the name as’ Wedding bouquet Purchases’ as we are tracking the sales of our product.
• Conversion source: is where your customers complete their conversions. We have added website as the source
• Click on ‘save and continue’
5. You will come to the below page. Here you need to enter the below details .After that click on ‘Save and continue’
a) Conversion Value: what your conversion is worth to your business.
• If all your conversions have the same value then you can choose ‘each time it happens, the conversion action has the same value’
• ‘The value of this conversion action may vary ( for instance , by purchase price)’. This is ideal for transaction specific values
• ‘Don’t assign a value’
Note: if you’d like to track and optimize your revenue , it’s best to use a conversion value
b) Count: This determines how your conversions are recorded within your chosen conversion window (typically 30 days)
• All Conversions: All conversions that happen after an ad click will be counted. (common choice for sales)
• Unique Conversions: only one conversion that happens after an ad click will be counted (common choice for leads)
c) Conversion Window: Choose the no of days after a click during which you’d like to track conversions. E.g. if you pick 30 days , then conversions that happen within 30 days after a click are tracked
d) Conversion Category: Choose the conversion category that describes your customer’s action. E.g. purchase/sale, sign up, Lead
e) Tracking Indicator: Add Google site stats to earn your customer’s trust and help to make informed decisions. It means that a small message will appear on your site telling customers that their visits on your site are being tracked
6. In step you will get your ‘conversion ID’ and ‘label’ in the code. Copy the ID and Label and take a note of it somewhere convenient for you . Click on ‘Done’ See below for reference
• Conversion ID: var google_conversion_id = 955594944
Note: 955594944 is the Conversion ID
• Conversion Label: var google_conversion_label = "nEi7CJeTnVoQwPHUxwM"
Note: nEi7CJeTnVoQwPHUxwM is the Conversion Label
7. In order to retrieve the Google analytics Profile ID, you need to go to ‘campaigns’ tab , click on it and then click on ‘set up conversion tracking’ at the bottom of the webpage
8. Now in order to retrieve Google analytics profile ID , go to http://www.google.co.in/analytics/ and enter the details as shown below and then click on ‘Get Tracking ID’
9. There will be a pop up of Google analytics terms of service Agreement. Choose ‘I accept’
10. You will get a tracking ID. Copy it and store it someplace convenient
STEPS TO INTEGRATE WITH YOUR STORE
1. Open your store on Kartrocket panel , log in with the username and password details and your dashboard would open.
2. Click on ‘Apps’ from the left menu. See below for reference
3. You will see Google Analytics & Adwords apps.
4. Clicking on ‘Setting’ button you will see the below page. Add the copied Google Analytics Profile ID (Step no 10) , Google Adwords Conversion ID and label (step no 6) to the fields and then click on ‘save’
5. Click on’ save’ and you will get a Success Notification
Now Google Analytics is configured on your store.